
Enlightenment from BFA series.
As a photographer creative inspiration comes in many forms. My artistic vision does not stem from one intrinsic point. Rather, it is a collection of ideas, experiences, emotions and questions. Much of my photographic work is influenced by the past. Often small details will influence my photography. The texture of my mother’s old satin dress, the color of the sky in a snapshot, or even the movement of a person running through a Super-8 film reel can be ideas that I will spark a series of work. Just as tangible objects influence me, I am equally influenced by what is unseen. Through photography I continue to question the past, and the reality of the world that I live in today. By exploring themes of memory, reality and identity I am able to continue to grow as a photographer, artist and individual.
-Excerpt from Artist Statement
Photo, Concept and Photoshop work by Emily Jeanne
Photo, Concept and Photoshop work by Emily Jeanne