9.28.2008

Body Manipulation and Retouching


These images are to show works where I have digitally manipulated and liquefied the body shape. The first image I retouched I started with the standard routine: removing bags, moles, and other imperfections. Then I liquefied the side of her body to have a more pleasing and smooth shape. I also minimized the thighs and the folds and creases in the bathing suit to appear slimmer and less distracting. Please Click on the before and after image to see the detail. Since body manipulation can be subtle I am including animated gifs to show a more dramatic before and after.

Photobucket


For this image I also did subtle, but yet important body manipulation. To create the perfect 'hourglass' figure I liquefied her body into a more pleasing and 'ideal' shape. I minimized the thighs. I also smoothed out the contour of the back and waistline. To make the image truly symmetrical I also shifted the left arm to appear at the exact same height. Overall these small things make a big impact visually.

Photobucket


This image I did the standard retouching with the skin and bags under the eyes. I then liquefied and smoothed out the back line so it appeared smaller and minimized or removed folds in the skin. I also smoothed out and lifted the breasts slightly to create a more youthful and 'ideal' look.

Photobucket



This last image is a close up of the model from the previous pictures. This shows extensive retouching and smoothing work on her skin. Since this image is a 'beauty' shot it is supposed to portray flawless beauty. As you can see by clicking on the before and after for a close up that I smoothed out fine lines and wrinkles, minimized bags under the eyes and removed blotchy skin and freckles.

Retouching and Manipulation by Emily Jeanne
Photos by Nicole Hill copyright Rubberball Productions.