9.23.2008

Palette composites

These are images I composited together in Adobe Photoghop. The concept was to take the vegetables and make them appear realistically on the palette.
The first step in the process as seen in step one is to organize the vegetables into an order that fits on the palette. In this image I took out the upper left veggies because the perspective did not match that of the other images. After removing those I then rearranged the objects and re-sized them to the order as seen in step two.
Then after having all the vegetables where I wanted them I masked out the shadows of each individual object each on its own layer (step two). Also in step two I cut out the gray background and made it pure white, the shadows were painted and masked so that the shadows of the palette would look realistic on the white background. After taking out the original shadows of the veggies I had to paint back in new shadows based on the shape and size of the originals and the size of each item. By painting in new shadows the grain of the wood of the original shadows didn't show through. After all the shadows and objects were placed correctly I flattened all the layers and the image was complete as seen in step three. Look below to see an animation of this process. I have included other images that were put together and composited in the same way.

Photoshop by: Emily Jeanne
photos by: Mike Kemp copyright Rubberball Productions
Photobucket